Unbeaten Panama City Beach Arnold leads the way for third straight ranking
By Official Florida FC
The regular season is over and district tournaments have kicked off. We’ll know who qualifies for the FHSAA playoffs in a week or so.
Panama City Beach Arnold is the No. 1 team in the state for the third straight release.
The Marlins (15-0-2) completed their second unbeaten season in the last three years. Coach Jonathan Hammond has led the program to a phenomenal three-season run. Arnold is 62-2-5 over the last three seasons and outscored opponents 307-37.
The question is whether the Marlins will emulate Tampa Prep or Doral Academy? Both were unbeaten and No. 1 overall team in Florida in the final regular season rankings. Tampa Prep went on to win the Class 3A state championship last year. Doral Academy was upset in the second round of the Class 6A playoffs in 2020.
Here is a look at the final regular season rankings.
2022-23 FHSAA boys soccer rankings
|2||Miami St. Brendan||1||20.143||9.70||9-0-2||4A||4||16|
|5||Plantation American Heritage||3||18.483||8.72||12-1-2||5A||4||14|
1. Jacksonville Mandarin (16-0-1)
2. St. Johns Bartram Trail (11-2-1)
3. Lithia Newsome (15-2)
4. St. Johns Creekside (15-2-1)
5. Naples Gulf Coast (7-2-4)
1. Gainesvile (12-0-1)
2. Gulf Breeze (16-2-1)
3. Tallahassee Chiles (13-2)
4. Niceville (12-3-3)
5. Viera (14-0-1)
1 . Panama City Beach Arnold (15-0-2)
2. Tampa Jesuit (15-2-1)
3. Plantation American Heritage (12-1-2)
4. Pembroke Pines Charter (12-1-1)
5. Fort Lauderdale Archbishop McCarthy (12-3-1)
1. Miami St. Brendan (9-0-2)
2. Miami Gulliver Prep (11-3-2)
3. Orlando Bishop Moore (17-2-1)
4. Crawfordville Wakulla (11-5-3)
5. Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons (10-3-4)
1. Fort Lauderdale University School (13-1-1)
2. Miami Westminster Christian (12-2-3)
3. Miami LaSalle (11-1-3)
4. Winter Park Trinity Prep (8-2-1)
5. Miami Sports Leadership & Management (14-3-2)
1. Fort Myers Canterbury (12-3-2)
2. Tampa Carrollwood Day (13-2)
3. Bradenton Christian (11-2-4)
4. Lakeland Christian (8-6-2)
5. Stuart Pine (7-3-2)